The various courses offered by NIFT are:
- Bachelor of Design (B. Des.)
- Master of Design (M. Des.)
- Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B. F. Tech.)
- Master of Fashion Technology (M. F. Tech.)
- Master of Fashion Management (MFM)
The criterion for admission to various courses mentioned above is on the basis of the written entrance exam namely- GAT and CAT. The GAT is held for all PG and UG programmes offered. Whereas, CAT is to be given for B. Des. and M.Des. programmes only.
Syllabus for NIFT 2020 GAT
The General Ability Test or GAT for B. Des. and M. Des. consists of the following sections:
- Quantitative Ability
- Communication Ability
- English Comprehension
- Analytical Ability
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
NIFT 2020 exam syllabus for GAT is described below:
- Quantitative Ability, they assess the quantitative ability of candidates. The major areas of testing in this section are Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion and Distance.
- Communicative Ability section, the candidate is tested on their language skills and its use in day-to-day communication in English. This sub-section includes questions from Synonyms, Antonyms, Words with corresponding meanings, Singular, Plural, One-word Substitutes, Idioms and Phrases, Spelling correction etc.
- English Comprehension section, a candidate is tested on their reading abilities and comprehending abilities of a given situation in the given unseen passage. This section tests the basic English language skills through the questions based on the passage.
- Analytical Ability sub-section is designed to test the candidate’s capacity for the ability of inference and logic from the given information. This section picks up questions from the areas of logical reasoning where candidates are supposed to draw logical conclusions from the analytical reasoning questions.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs sub-section, as per the NIFT 2020 syllabus is designed to test the candidate’s general awareness and current affairs. The questions in this section are taken up from the current affairs sections and general knowledge.